If you’re in California looking to buy a new purple unicorn and the national company that you like who sells purple unicorns posts a special Facebook offer at their stores in New York, what happens? You become an annoyed purple-unicorn-less Californian.
Geo-targeting is a helpful tool available on Facebook Pages. With a few simple clicks, you can customize posts based on country, state/province, city and language.
Just a few examples of how you can use geo-targeting:
- Sharing information sensitive to time zones
- Offering information in different languages
- A/B testing by region or offer (compare conversion and engagement rates)
- Localized stunts or events
And here’s how you do it:
- When posting a status, link, photo or video on your Page, select the ‘Everyone’ drop down menu below the text box and click ‘Customize’.
- Enter the country of choice (and optional filter by state/province and city).
- Enter an optional language of choice. Press “Okay.”
- Post your geo-targeted status to be seen only by those specified in preferences. After you finish posting, the custom preferences will clear and subsequent posts will display to all audiences unless otherwise specified.
Interested in learning more best practices on social media outlets? Learn more about our education division, Digital Royalty University, by emailing email@example.com.
Quoted from: thedigitalroyalty.com